Matching the right mower with your lawn
(NC)—For homeowners, the lawn mower is probably the most commonly used piece of outdoor power equipment. When it's time to choose a new mower, the number of options can be overwhelming. However, by keeping a few considerations in mind, you'll be able to choose the mower that will best suit you and your yard.
According to John Bailey, product manager at Husqvarna, these are the primary issues to keep in mind when selecting a mower:
• A riding mower is suggested for a lawn of one acre or more. If you have multiple yard tasks, a garden tractor, which can offer many accessories including snow blower blades, baggers, aerators and dethatchers, may be the best choice for your needs.
• For a yard with a lot of trees or landscaping, a zero-turn riding mower can save time from trim work. The zero-turn mowers offer enhanced control to maneuver closer to trees, flower beds and even swing sets, reducing the need to use a trimmer in those areas.
• For homeowners with yards that are less than an acre, walk-behind mowers offer a variety of options to complete the job. As with riding mowers, walk-behind mowers are available with several different collection devices.
• Mowers with collection devices save time and clean-up. If you want to reduce allergic reactions to grass and decrease the spreading of weed seeds, a mower with a collection choice is ideal.
• The type of lawn and how often it is mowed helps determine the cutting system you need. Mowers with rear and side ejection are better at handling taller, wilder, coarser grass types and seldom cut lawns.
Addressing these issues and answering a few simple questions can help you select a mower that will serve you well and help provide you with a well maintained yard.
For more information, visit www.husqvarna.com or call 1-800 HUSKY 62 to find a dealer near you.
- News Canada
Lawn Care TipsTen Steps To A Healthy LawnChoosing the right seed for your new lawnThe dawn of a new lawnThe "Environmentally Friendly" LawnMatching the right mower with your lawn Lawn care: prepare yourself and your trimmerHow To Take Care Of WeedsA Properly Edged Lawn Can Save Lawn Care TimeThe Dawn Of A New Lawn
Other links:Lawn Care Tip - The best prevention for a weedy lawn
Your Easy To Follow Lawn Creation ManualLawn Care - The Easy WayCreate the Care-Free Lawn you've always dreamed ofLawn Care Tip - The best prevention for a weedy lawn Lawn Care Advice - The best time to establish a lawn from seedHow I created my own beautiful lawnAt last! - A tailored guide to grass careLawn Care - Discover All The Secrets!Create An Incredible Looking Lawn!Lawn Care Advice Tips!